Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Delinquent Blogger Checks In

Now all three of my followers, I am sorry to have let you down over the past week.  We have had part of our house removed and gigantic holes dug into our yard.  Last night I came home to three of my fruit trees having been cut down - the apple, the lemon and another which I think was an apricot that had finally actually gotten fruit on it.  All in the cause of replacing the walkway with a real deck.  It isn't a real deck yet - it is the dcream of a deck that is sitting in pieces at Newark Fence Company's warehouse...

This week they redug the holes for piers because they had to go down 8 feet.  Yes - 8 feet deep holes in the ground to fasten the deck to our house.  Mind you, the previous "deck" had piers that were only concrete "feet" that sat on the ground.  So when the earthquake comes, I know where to go - onto the deck which will be up to seismic code.

When the deck is actually finished - in maybe 3 weeks is my generous estimate - I will post after photos.

No comments: