Monday, October 6, 2014

Wine Continued...

October 5, 2014
Secondary Fermenter decanting

Brix is 30
Decanted and removed the dregs- in which there was practically no sediment at all!  The wine is a clear ruby color and tastes really good.   I don't think there is much alcohol content. The Brix was 30, SG 1.1292.  I calculated the original SG against the SG at the end of the main part of fermentation and the alcohol content is about 10% or so I think...  This will be remedied by fortification.  Apparently, port is a fortified wine with an alcohol content around 19-22%.  I'll need to add a few bottles of brandy to it to make it more potent.  Okay - brandy shopping I will go!

 I bottled one bottle and the dregs I put into a couple of beer bottles and put in the fridge.

I am going to do the fortification and bottling today.  Let's hope I have enough wine bottles!

I am going to call the wine - Little Red Hen - because all by myself I made it after I asked for help.

But I will not drink it all by myself - I will be giving it away as Christmas Presents.
My first real bottle of wine!
Wine color is beautiful!

No comments: